“CILANTRO” Aka Coriander is a aromatic herb which is used for most of the continental dishes. People often use fresh green leaves or dried seeds as a flavorsome to salads, dishes etc, which comes from the parsley family.
Nutritional Benefits of Cilantro (Coriander):
1. Nourishes the eyes.
2. Defends against food poisoning.
3. Soothes the inflammation of skin.
4. Regulates menstruation.
5. Prevents from cardiovascular diseases.
6. Prevents mouth ulcers.
7. Cures diabetes.
8. Controls blood sugar levels.
9. Good for bone health.
10. Helps improves digestion.
11. Heavy metal cleanser.
12. Promotes healthy liver function.
These olive colored seeds are basically used as spice in many Indian dishes. In addition to this, it has wonderful sources of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well. These plants are rich in Vitamin C, vitamin K and protein too. They also contain minimal amounts of other minerals.
- Calories: 5 kcal / cup
- Vitamin K:51.67%
- Vitamin A: 9.57%
- Vitamin C: 6.00%
- Copper: 5.00%
- Iron: 4.38%
They say “GO GREEN” so i started garnishing with all those Green Herbs.
Coriander is used in Mexican, Indian, European and Middle Eastern dishes. In India, the seeds are used as tonic, diuretic, and are prescribed for digestive problems, pain in the joints & haemorrhoids. Coriander is used by ancient Greeks as a food and perfume ingredient.
People only consume seeds and leaves, though all parts of coriander could be consumed.
1. Coriander increases the drowsiness which is caused by some phytochemicals in the plant.
2. Causes some Allergic reactions such as itching, rash, swelling, breathing trouble.
3. The people with bleeding disorders should avoid the use of Coriander because it may increase the chances of bleeding.
4. One shouldn’t consume coriander unless prescribed by a doctor, if they are taking any pharmaceutical drugs, as it may interfere with drug reactions.
Hidden Recipe (Brain Power Latte)
- 1. Half cup of fresh coriander leaves.
- 2. One cup of milk (dairy, coconut or almond).
- 3. One tea spoon of pumpkin seeds.
- 4. Pinch of turmeric.
- 5. Honey (optional).
Add a cup of warm milk into a jar, then add a pinch of turmeric, coriander leaves and grinded pumpkin seeds. Then blend this mixture well and have a surprising intellectual day.