Clubhouse mobile application is rising to a position where it is competing with the four mega social media platforms- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
With its Android launch on May 21, 2021, this free audio-based application has become the talk of the town and is getting thousands of downloads every day.
5 lesser known features of Clubhouse
- Clubhouse is simply like a voice-based event-hosting application for the users. The invites to Clubhouse act as tickets to a real-time event. Only the users who are invited to join the platform or are shared the link to the event can get entry to one’s chat room.
- Clubhouse is a social networking application that permits only personal profiles of the users. It means a user has to share the real name and other details. Thus, brands and companies cannot use this platform to create business profiles.
- Influencers can make a fortune out of this platform. They can drive their audiences to Clubhouse by creating an account and hosting live-chats, voice-based performances, etc. The only drawbacks of this application for influencers are the unavailability of paid advertising and in-built monetisation.
- Clubhouse supports only live content in chat rooms. Thus, the conversation, interaction, conference or performance of a user with other users is not saved or edited.
- There is no end to your chat room. In other words, you can use the chat room continuously for hours with no time limit and connect with anyone across the world who has the link to your chat room.
Clubhouse User Interface features:
After reading the exciting features, you must wonder about the interface of the application. Here are some notable points from Clubhouse’s interface-
- The content on this application is purely and entirely audio-based. It does not support in-app messages. Thus, the only text content you can find is names and bios of the users. The only image content available is the profile pictures of the users. Just like timeline in Facebook and Feed in Instagram, Clubhouse has a Hallway.
- Here you can scroll and see the ongoing conversations in the clubs on different topics and join the one that interest you. When you enter one, you can see a stage where the speakers’ profile pictures and names are mentioned and below the stage you can find the audience.
- The application, as mentioned above is like an event. Thus, it uses terms like speakers, listeners, audience, passing the mic, stages, rooms, moderators and sometimes panelists too.You can also find a Calendar option on top of your screen where you can checkout the upcoming events and even schedule one for yourself.
- If not interested, you can also swipe right and tap on Hide to stop seeing a particular content’s chat room and related one. That is how you teach the algorithm of the application to enhance the discoverability of the content for you.
Clubhouse latest updates and announcements:
Clubhouse creators took to their official Twitter handle to announce the upcoming updates and improvements in the application. The discovery feature of the existing users will be enhanced and the notification feature of the app will be improved. There will also be some back end improvements, which cannot be easily observed on the app’s interface.
Although the growth of this invite-only application (two invites per user) is gradual, it is spreading among netizens quickly. The existing users are highly anticipating a boom in the features of Clubhouse social media app and increased number of invitations per user. Major FOMO (Fear of missing out) is creating is – If you still have not got an invitation to create an account from an existing user, you can download the application and wait for the waiting list so the existing user from your contacts gets notified.
You can also wait till the end of this summer. Why? Read on! The creators have dropped major hints about the application going public and spilled the beans about ending the invite-only system to boost the voice-based community’s growth.
Beware of Clubhouse invitation scams:
Several websites are claiming to offer Clubhouse invitations for free and even attempting to sell invitations for $250 online and engaging in unethical practices.
We want to advise our readers not to trust these scamming websites. The hackers and scammers behind these websites can pose a potential threat to your sensitive personal information and bank details.