“There are ways to satisfy your dessert craving in healthier ways”, “if you’re thoughtful about it and willing to put in a little effort.” Dates (khajoor) are nutrient-rich and have a variety of antioxidants it also boosts brain health. Walnuts improve your metabolism rate. It is healthier to make your own desserts at home as you can substitute healthier oils, remove much of the sugar and toss in healthy additions like nuts. And adding these ingredients to prepare a cake makes it more tasty and healthier. Try out this eggless date recipe at your home now.
List of ingredients required:
- 1 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 Cup dates
- 1/2 Powdered sugar
- 1/2 Walnuts chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Butter/ Oil
- 2 tsp Coffee powder
- 11/2 Wheat flour
- 1/2 Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Take a bowl add water and dates. Let the dates get soaked for 10 mins.
- Next blend the dates and make it a thick paste.
- Take a pan, add milk and coffee powder and heat it.
- Add the thick paste of dates and powdered sugar into the same pan and let it boil.
- After it gets boiled let it cool for at least 10-15 mins.
- Then add butter or oil whatever is available at your convenience.
- Take a bowl sieve wheat flour, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add this mixture to the pan.
- Then mix it well make sure the batter is made in a perfect consistency.
- Then add vanilla essence and some chopped walnuts.
- You can even add other nuts or Choco chips as per your choice.
- Grease the cake tin with butter and flour or use parchment paper. Pour the batter into the cake tin.
- Pre heat the oven for at least 30-35 mins and bake the cake at 180o C.
- You can also make this cake in the pressure cooker for 45 mins at low flame.
There you go, your delicious and mouthwatering eggless date and walnut cake is ready to serve.
Pro tip to use the toothpick method: This is when you stick a toothpick into the middle of the cake to check if the cake is baked completely or not and if there are no cake crumbs on it when you take it out of the cake it is ready. Make sure your cakes are completely cooled before preparing them for decoration.
Enjoy baking :))